Are you dreaming of a beautiful and stress-free wedding in central Helsinki, surrounded by all your friends and family? Your dream could be about to come true, as Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel will be organising a luxurious Winter Wedding event on 3 March.
We are now seeking couples who want their wedding day to be a truly unforgettable occasion and who would like to offer their guests a completely new style of event in an incredible historic setting with a wonderful community feel.
On the first Saturday of March 2018, Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel is set to be transformed into a huge wedding venue. On the day, a number of couples will gather at the hotel to be married and, following a private ceremony, will continue to celebrate their most special day at the hotel. You can also opt for a blessing to recognise a civil partnership or simply choose a prayer service. Before the ceremony, you will have the opportunity to prepare for your big moment, with all your friends and loved ones present.
We take great pride in our wonderful venue and are committed to only working with partners and suppliers who share our values and high standards to ensure that your special day will be both memorable and hassle-free. As the bride and groom, you are free to simply soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the first moments of your married life without having to worry about any of the practicalities, as we will be on hand to attend to it on your behalf. Everything from your wedding hair and makeup to catering and evening entertainment will have been thought of in advance.
OUR WINTER WEDDING PACKAGE
- Marriage, prayer service or civil partnership blessing
The formal part of the day's festivities will take place in a beautiful and historic setting in the atrium of the former SOK company headquarters. Wonderfully elegant and festive, the space is decorated with stained glass by notable Finnish artist Juho Rissanen as well as sumptuous woodcarvings featuring notable events in Finnish history. Your wedding breakfast will be served in the hotel dining room and balcony.
- Introductory meeting with your vicar in advance of your wedding day
Wine, soft drinks and canapés will be served at this event.
- First visit to view the venue to take place in January
- Welcome reception for your guests, with drinks and canapés.
- Formal wedding toast
- Delicious and generous wedding buffet
The wedding breakfast will be served in the main dining room and balcony and in our Takkahuone private dining area. We can accommodate a minimum of two guests for each couple.
- Wine and soft drinks will be served with the wedding breakfast
- The meal will be followed by wedding cake, coffee and after dinner drinks
The bride and groom will be invited to choose their own wedding cake.
- Evening snack
- Facilities for the bride, bridesmaids and family to change and prepare prior to the event. You are welcome to invite your own hairdresser and make-up artist to come along.
- Services of a Master of Ceremonies
- Live jazz until the meal is served
- After party in the Library Bar until 03:30, with a DJ
- Cloakroom service for non-hotel guests
- Bridal bouquet delivered direct to hotel, when booked with Finnflorist
Winter wedding package cost:
€190 pp (members €170 pp). For parties of 20 or more guests €160 pp (members €150 pp). If your booking is for more than 40 guests, we will offer you a complimentary luxury room for the wedding night, including breakfast.
- Wedding suite or Business Class room with sauna
- Reduced Winter Wedding rate for wedding guests
- Pre-wedding dinner on Friday 2 March, three course meal €50 pp
- Wedding portraits in the historic SOK boardroom or hotel atrium before or immediately after the wedding service. With wedding photographer Elina Manninen (http://www.elinamanninen.com/)
- Photographs of your wedding guests, with wedding photographer Elina Manninen (http://www.elinamanninen.com/)
- Hair and make-up, with Sydämen Pohjasta salon (http://www.sydamenpohjasta.com/index.html), based in the Forum shopping centre in Helsinki. We will provide transfers from Sydämen Pohjasta to the hotel for everyone in your wedding party using the salon's services, in collaboration with FCA Finland
- Wedding bouquets and corsages, in collaboration with FinnFlorist (http://finnflorist.fi/). Delivery to the hotel included.
- Bride and groom wedding day gifts and jewellery, in collaboration with Liia Jewellery (www.liia.fi). Special offers available for you and your guests.
Make your wedding day a magical one – join us for the Winter Wedding on 3 March 2018!
If you would like to take part in the Winter Wedding event, please send us your own personalised application to email@example.com by 30 November 2017. Don't forget to include:
- A written description of the bride and groom
- Estimated number of guests
- Confirmation of whether you consent to be photographed and/or filmed by the media
- Details of any special requests you may have
- Whether you would prefer a marriage ceremony, a blessing for a civil partnership or a prayer service
- Any other relevant information
If you would like to find out more, please don't hesitate to contact us Monday to Friday 09:00-15:00 on +358 (0)50 388 3560.
We will confirm whether the event will go ahead by 10 December 2017 or when it is fully booked. We recommend that you act fast, as places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
For further information, please contact:
Saija Gerpe, General Manager, Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Mikonkatu 23, 00100 Helsinki, Finland firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +358 (0)50 388 3560, +358 (0)20 1234 703, email@example.com