"Got a moped for the summer, moped adventures all summer long…"
Our staff's tips will ensure a great time this summer. Business travellers can take it easy, and suntanned children speed their way through the hotel's revolving doors with their hair full of sand. At the reception desk of this excellently situated city hotel, you'll hear great stories about memorable trips and happy children enjoying all sorts of activities.
And according to Original Sokos Hotel Arina managerTiina Uusikartano, adults don't need to stress. Lift rides in the hotel, running along the corridors, the hustle and bustle of the town centre and the excellent view with binoculars on the top floor will ensure fond childhood memories for our smaller hotel guests. "Jopo bikes and summer games can be borrowed at the reception desk. Guests can enjoy a bicycle ride along the shoreline near the market square and from there to Pikisaari. On the way, you can admire the colourful houses before continuing along the bridges to Nallikari for ice cream and swimming".
- The Nallikari area, Oulu's own riviera, is a sandy beach two kilometres long. There is a playground, ice cream, minigolf course, stand-up paddling (SUP) board rental, and lots of activities for adults and children. Nallikari can also be reached by SUP board through the beautiful Mustasalmi sound, passing the idyllic villas of Hietasaari.
- Vauhtipuisto is a children's adventure park in the Hietasaari district. The park offers gadgets for children of many ages and ideas for independent play. In the park, you'll find a charming playhouse village that is ideal for birthday parties!
- A firm favourite with locals, Liikennepuisto traffic park is a popular summer destination with pedal cars or just for a walk. The park also has a play area and outdoor games.
- Hailuoto A visit to this unique island off Oulu is a surefire adventure. The island can be reached by ferry from Oulunsalo shore, and the seaside atmosphere is bound to get you in the holiday mood. The Marjaniemi lighthouse is a great place to explore with a guide, and the Hailuoto sand dunes beat southern Europe's sunny beaches any time.
- Potnapekka The colourful city mini-train carries holidaymakers along Oulu's funnest routes for a few euros. You can hop on almost at the hotel door, and can get off at any stop you like. Torinranta is a meeting place for townspeople and holidaymakers, and is a great place to enjoy the late evening sun shining from behind the library.
- Huikia adventure park At Huikia outdoor adventure park, the search is always on for the family's most courageous climber and steely-nerved competitor. There are tracks for children and adults, and safety equipment is always included in the adventure package. Tickets can also be purchased from the hotel reception desk.
- Hupisaaret town park is better known locally as Ainola park. A lush oasis is an inviting destination for carefree summer days in the shade of the trees or for leisurely walks alongside the salmon dam to the dam bridges. In the middle there is also a large playground, and you can enjoy an ice cream or throw crumbs to the ducks.
Summer stays with packages and surprises can be booked through Original Sokos Hotel Arina sales service, tel. +358 (0)8 312 3255 , Mon–Fri 8 am to 6 pm or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or from Sokos Hotels sales service at (+358 (0)20 123 4600, Mon–Fri 8 am to 8 pm. Super summer deals are available online.