Radisson Blu Marina Palace Hotel in Turku Finland is committed to environmental responsibility and sustainable operation. For the actions driven by this commitment our hotel has been awarded the Green Key eco-label.
Radisson Blu Marina Palace Hotel Turku is commited to environmental resposibilty and sustainable operation. For the actions driven by this commitment our hotel has been awarded the Green Key eco-label.
The Green Key award is a leading standard of excellence in the field of environmental responsibility and sustainable operation within the tourism industry. This prestigious eco-label represents a commitment by businesses that their tourism establishments adhere to the strict criteria as stipulated by the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE). A Green Key stands for an establishment's promise to its guests that by opting to stay with such an establishment, they are helping to make a difference on an environmental and sustainability level. The high environmental standards expected of these establishments are maintained through rigorous documentation and frequent audits.
As a Green Key hotel we are commited in raising environmental awareness amongst our personnel and guests, optimizing the use of energy and water and reducing the strain made by the hotel on the environment. At our hotel we pay close attention to the water and energy usage and waist management without compromising the guest satisfaction.
Our hotel guests are invited to help us help the environment for example by the following means:
- by recycling
- by saving in water and reducing detergent usage for example by re-using the towels during the hotel stay
- by saving electricity by turning off the unnecessary lights while staying in the hotel room and turning off all lights when leaving the room
- by reducing the waste and only taking as much food as needed
- by choosing products in the restaurant that are sustainably grown such as vegetable or fish. At S-group we do not use endangered species.
- by choosing the filtered sparkling water bottled at the hotel
- read more of Radisson Blu Hotel Group's "Think Planet" -actions
The hotel staff aims to make a difference in environmental issues for example by the following ways:
- we aim to reduce spoilage by monitoring the ingredients circulation and by recyclig
- we use environmental-friendly detergents
- we turn off the lights in the study when not at use and turn off all the ddevices and appliances when not at use
- we donate our old pillows and blankets to the homeless
- we use biodegradable straws mad of corn and paper starch
- we only wash full dish loads
- we follow the cleaning and maintenance instructions in order to prolong the usage of equiments and spaces
- we have reduced the water flow to conserve water
- we aim not to use single packaged product on our breakfast buffet
- we dry out the excess breads from the breakfast to give out to local alpaca farm for food
- we organize a twice a year a restaurant meal for pre-schoolers at the hotel restaurant in order to teach restaurant etiquette
- we have changed the majority of our lights to led lights in order to conserve energy
- we are able to use solar energy at our hotel
In the future we wish to enjoy clean and fresh air, forests and waterways in our holidays and free-time. By doing business in a sustainalbe and environmental friendly way we ensure that in the future it is possible for us to explore the world, enjoy beautiful places and inspiring experience.
Thank you for helping us take care of the environment!