The Estonian Maritime Museum is full of big ideas, adventures and history. There are two very special buildings to discover – the hangars of the Seaplane Harbour and the medieval Fat Margaret Tower. You will get a 10% discount on museum tickets if you've booked accommodation in Original Sokos Hotel Viru or Solo Sokos Hotel Estoria.
A 10% discount on the combined ticket of the Maritime Museum (Seaplane Harbour, museum ships and Fat Margaret) is valid until 31 January 2018. Price for people who show their hotel key card:
- €14.40 for adults staying at Sokos Tallinn hotel (normal price €16);
- €7.20 for children aged 9-18 staying at Sokos Tallinn hotel (normal price €8);
- €28.80 for families (up to 2 adults and their children up to 18 years of age) staying at Sokos Tallinn hotel (normal price €32).
A 10% discount on the ticket of the Seaplane Harbour will be valid from 1 February to 31 May 2018. Price for people who show their hotel key card:
- €12.60 for adults staying at Sokos Tallinn hotel (normal price €14);
- €6.30 for children aged 9-18 staying at Sokos Tallinn hotel (normal price €7);
- €25.20 for families (up to 2 adults and their children up to 18 years of age) staying at Sokos Tallinn hotel (normal price €28).
The Seaplane Harbour (located at Vesilennuki 6) is considered the most exciting museum in Europe! The historical seaplane hangar houses approximately 200 exhibits and the star of the museum is top class submarine Lembit from the 1930s, which visitors can see from the outside as well as inside. The oldest and most respectable Estonian museum ship, the steam-powered icebreaker Suur Tõll is located in the outside territory of the Seaplane Harbour. The modern underwater archaeology room, which will showcase how the underwater world is studied, will be opened in the Seaplane Harbour on 6 December 2017 and the thrilling hands-on exhibition about maritime rescue will be open until 14 January 2018. The exhibition "100 Years under the Fin: The Story of Estonia in Ships", which is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Republic of Estonia, will open on 1 February 2018.
Fat Margaret (located at Pikk 70) showcases the history of seafaring and fishery in Estonia and special attention is given to various ship models that excite both big and small fans of everything nautical. Fat Margaret will be closed for renovation on 31 December 2017 and reopen in summer 2019!
Read more at www.meremuuseum.ee and step on board! Read also the other stories of Estoria Hotel!